full topic list

big 5 button simplified chinese button

Welcome! you are visitor 4,468,594

  • Decrease Font Size
  • Reset Font Size
  • Increase Font Size
read whole topic print forward

XI. Injury sustained by the foreign domestic helper

If an accident happens to a domestic helper during his/her course of employment and he/she sustains serious injury, the employer should notify the insurer as soon as possible and in any event, within the stipulated time as required under the insurance policy.

If the domestic helper suffers injury during his/her course of employment, he/she may be entitled to claim against the employer. The parties may of course settle the claim on their own; or the insurance may be able to cover the claim. But if no settlement can be reached or if the claim is not covered by insurance, the employee may choose to take legal action against the employer. If the employer receives any demand letter or a writ of summons issued by the court, he/she should notify the insurer as soon as possible and should seek legal advice.

Previous Page Next Page