V. Government subsidy, loan and/or grant

In order to assist property owners who may have queries about the statutory requirements for maintaining their residential building and those who may have financial difficulty in doing so, the Government launched the Integrated Building Maintenance Assistance Scheme (jointly operated by the Housing Society and the Urban Renewal Authority). The Scheme comprises subsidies, loans and/or grants in various forms to cater for different needs. For details, owners can contact the following statutory bodies:

Housing Society

Website: http://www.hkhs.com/eng/business/pm_ibmas.asp
Telephone hotline: 3188 1188

Urban Renewal Authority

Telephone hotline: 3188 1188

Under the Integrated Building Maintenance Assistance Scheme, the Government offers a wide variety of subsidies, loans and/or grants to the public to cater for different situations. A list of the major subsidies, loans and/or grants is set out below:

  • Common Area Repair Works Subsidy
  • Common Area Repair Works Interest-free Loan
  • Common Area Repair Works Hardship Grant
  • Home Renovation Interest-free Loan
  • Home Renovation Hardship Grant
  • Subsidy in relation to the MBIS and MWIS
  • Building Maintenance Grant Scheme for Elderly Owners
  • Building Safety Loan Scheme
  • Owners’ Corporation Formation Subsidy